Hi, I like that 3d cartoon tile set. Is it included?

nwin9x
New face

Hi, I like that 3d cartoon tile set. Is it included?

Postby nwin9x » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:42 pm

I planed to make a mini rpg game alone. Fortunately, I see "Tiled to Unity" in asset store. It is wonderful !
I like that 3d cartoon tile set shown in sceen shots.
Does it include in the “Tiled to Unity” item ?

dez
L.F.A. TEAM

Re: Hi, I like that 3d cartoon tile set. Is it included?

Postby dez » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:54 am

Hi there,

No it isn't included, I made the set for a game I am working on now called OBEY.

BUT if you are using Maya I'd let you use it for an RPG if you would link back to OBEY somewhere in your game.
Having said that, it is a complex set.
Also if your game is not a top-down RPG i would not recommend the tileset unless you really know what you are doing and know how to optimize game drawcalls etc. If it is top down (or isometric), I think you should be able to use it without too many problems.

nwin9x
New face

Postby nwin9x » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:05 pm

Yeah, I'm using "45 degree top view" and Maya. I send a private message to you. Expecting your reply.

gads
New face

Postby gads » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:04 pm

Hi there,

I've bought the "Tiled to Unity" and it seems great great so far!

But I must confess that I got disappointed when I didn't find the 3d cartoon tile set in the "demo" folder :cry:
The screenshots gave the impression that the tileset is included in the package...

I was planning to use them for an internal prototype my team intend to build as a proof of concept :|

dez
L.F.A. TEAM

Postby dez » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi gads,

I didn't mean to give that impression. I just needed to show something that shows what the tools do, so I showed what I had already made.
However, if you or anyone else would like to use it, you can download it here with the following conditions:
1) there are no warranties on the art. I only warrant that the Tiled To Unity tools you purchased do what they are supposed to do.
2) read my stipulations above to make sure the tile set will work for you. I give them to you as Maya models.
3) The tiles are in use for my game OBEY so if you want something unique you should either not use them or change them a lot. Credit accordingly in your work.
4) Leave a review on the Asset Store for Tiled To Unity

*If someone wants to use the tile set but don't want Tiled To Unity, please at least throw me a bone and buy it or OBEY since the set took me months to create.

good luck :)
-dez

gads
New face

Postby gads » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi Dez,

Thank you very much!
I'll make the review on the asset store! It's the minimum I can do for your kindness in sharing the assets :D

Cheers,

Jondar
New face

Postby Jondar » Fri May 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Hello;

Would this work to make a semi-isometric background in a fixed-angle game? I would want to use it to generate cartoonish terrain using the unity asset TDTK. If it would work, I will purchase the unity asset!

Please let me know & thanks

dez
L.F.A. TEAM

Postby dez » Fri May 01, 2015 6:42 pm

Jondar wrote:Hello;

Would this work to make a semi-isometric background in a fixed-angle game? I would want to use it to generate cartoonish terrain using the unity asset TDTK. If it would work, I will purchase the unity asset!

Please let me know & thanks

Sure, I think it should work for that.

Jondar
New face

Postby Jondar » Fri May 01, 2015 8:58 pm

Are there any tilesets that are readily available for download or purchase that would work with Tiled (and hence unity)? I doubt that I have the artistic ability or skillset and have not been able to find any ready sources for use in Tiled. Looking for semi-isometric or 3d tiles, similar to those used in the Unity asset page for this product.

Any hints for how to find/search would be appreciated!

dez
L.F.A. TEAM

Postby dez » Sat May 02, 2015 1:36 am

Jondar wrote:Are there any tilesets that are readily available for download or purchase that would work with Tiled (and hence unity)? I doubt that I have the artistic ability or skillset and have not been able to find any ready sources for use in Tiled. Looking for semi-isometric or 3d tiles, similar to those used in the Unity asset page for this product.

Any hints for how to find/search would be appreciated!

The models are linked earlier in this thread. You will have to set them up in Unity yourself, though.

Jondar
New face

Postby Jondar » Sat May 02, 2015 9:48 am

In general are there any sites where Tiled maps are available for download/purchase? (BTW did buy the asset :-) )

dez
L.F.A. TEAM

Postby dez » Sat May 02, 2015 12:31 pm

It's actually really easy to make your own tiled maps. You shouldn't have to buy them.
I don't know where to look to find them... except my own game? I am not sure if that's helpful. Also tiled brings some demo maps iirc.

Jondar
New face

Postby Jondar » Sat May 02, 2015 3:49 pm

I've watched all the instructional videos--very nice product!

I have downloaded the environment from links in this post, and am trying to pull it in to Tiled, but can't figure out how to get that done... There is obviously something I am missing :-/ which is likely something straight-forward and easy--

dez
L.F.A. TEAM

Postby dez » Sat May 02, 2015 6:28 pm

just open map1.tmx and that will load everything you need in as far as the Tiled part of the pipeline is concerned.

Jondar
New face

Postby Jondar » Sat May 02, 2015 8:22 pm

Dez,

When I try loading the map1 into Tiled, it gives the error attached...

Also, I don't see a tile for painting a large area, only the more complex tiles. I might be able to figure it out but the map does not load. I am using Tiled Version 0.11.0 if that makes any difference...

Return to “Tiled to Unity”