Does is support isometric maps which i have created in Tile editor ?

yashesh.iih
New face

Does is support isometric maps which i have created in Tile editor ?

Postby yashesh.iih » Sat May 16, 2015 4:44 am

Hello All,

I am developing an isometric game in unity3d. I have already design the city using Tiled map editor. http://www.mapeditor.org

Now my requirement is that, I want to export that Tiled editor city in to my Unity editor. So I want to know that whether Tiled to Unity is capable to export Tiled editor city to Unity3D editor ? and how good it is for developing such games ?

Also, If possible then please provide more details or any documentation.

Here is the screen shot of the city map : https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kmh1ur1oprqr ... m.png?dl=0

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Yashesh

dez
L.F.A. TEAM

Re: Does is support isometric maps which i have created in Tile editor ?

Postby dez » Sat May 16, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi There,

if that is exactly the way you want your game to appear in Unity, you can probably use a simpler tool set. Tiled To Unity is intended to use Tiled with 3D environments.

If you know you want 3D modeled environments, i haven't tested the system with isometric Tiled maps, but it should work in theory. It might help if you send me your .tmx. my thinking though is that it will be the same.
But regardless, my hunch is that you can find a simpler and cheaper 2D way to get your game done based on your screenshot.

yashesh.iih
New face

Re: Does is support isometric maps which i have created in Tile editor ?

Postby yashesh.iih » Mon May 18, 2015 2:12 am

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply.

I want my game appearance exactly same as the attached screen shot. It will be 2D isometric game.

So can you please provide me some tool that i can use for exporting tile map file (tmx) into the Unity3D ?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Yashesh.

Return to “Tiled to Unity”