Page 1 of 1

/troll tool

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:06 am
by HexZyle
Robosaru Weapons
Trolled players are disabled from using the main turret and the flamethrower, but aren't disabled from using the sentries, rockets, or frying bunny-worn collars. Is this intentional?

Other Communication
The /w function flat-out does not display anything on the troll's screen. This makes it obvious that you've been trolled if you try to use this function and nothing shows up.

Saving the trolled status
A troll loses their troll status if they leave and rejoin the server. This seems like something that would be done intentionally, I just wanted to confirm though.

Re: /troll tool

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:30 pm
by dez
HexZyle wrote:Robosaru Weapons
Trolled players are disabled from using the main turret and the flamethrower, but aren't disabled from using the sentries, rockets, or frying bunny-worn collars. Is this intentional?

it's intentional, 1) it would be a pia to implement so I skipped it and 2) as to not completely give away that they are trolled.

HexZyle wrote:Other Communication
The /w function flat-out does not display anything on the troll's screen. This makes it obvious that you've been trolled if you try to use this function and nothing shows up.

this is a good thought, its true they can figure it out this way, ill fix it.

HexZyle wrote:Saving the trolled status
A troll loses their troll status if they leave and rejoin the server. This seems like something that would be done intentionally, I just wanted to confirm though.

it was intentional, so they can try to change (and the 1 time I have used the troll tool in practice, the player did come back... pissed off but ready to try a different approach than being a troll). But if they don't want to change?... just troll them again. It will totally suck to play.
For players that you really want to send to hell and never return, I plan to have a ban feature later on. This tool will track on a player in steam, and if they get 3 of them it will permanently stop them from even launching the game.

Re: /troll tool

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:16 am
by HexZyle
dez wrote:
HexZyle wrote:Robosaru Weapons
Trolled players are disabled from using the main turret and the flamethrower, but aren't disabled from using the sentries, rockets, or frying bunny-worn collars. Is this intentional?

it's intentional, 1) it would be a pia to implement so I skipped it and 2) as to not completely give away that they are trolled.


I was thinking you could make it so the troll sees no missiles in the robo.

Re: /troll tool

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:15 pm
by dez
but then he would also know he was trolled, no?

Re: /troll tool

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:18 am
by HexZyle
I meant that he sees the missile counter as zero, and thus his missile firing messages don't get sent to the server.