Dropship Timer, More tutorial info

Yog
New face

Dropship Timer, More tutorial info

Postby Yog » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi, Dan.

I have just tried the game. The feel is nice, obviously needs more polish and the gun is in dire need of some BRRRRRT, but certainly playable. Here are the some most obvious things i thought would need your attention, as they should be easy to add, but would be very helpful for the game.
  • It would be very nice if the robot player could see the timer on the dropship arrival. With all the action happening on the map, it would be nice for all sides to have a good reminder when the dropship is about to arrive.

Since the game does not have any tutorials in any shape or form besides the built-in one, it needs to be more comprehensive:
  • The tutorial does not mention how the bunnies can sabotage the dropship.
  • The tutorial also does not mention how the directives work. They dont have tooltips either, and the icons are not self-explanatory when you dont understand the mechanic at all. I assume the directives tell the bunnies to drop an item of Robot's' choice at the indicated location, but that might be wrong and there are nuances like the number of times the directives can be complete. Putting mines or fences is obviously a one-time task. Depositing ammo and uranium, on the other hand, should be repeateble unlimited number of times.
  • The tutorial does not explain how to destroy already existing structures/objects, if possible at all.

dez
L.F.A. TEAM

Re: Dropship Timer, More tutorial info

Postby dez » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:31 pm

All very good points.

Thanks a bunch for sending these along.
I am going to see how many of these I can hit for the next ver.

Heihachi07
New face

Postby Heihachi07 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:29 am

What i would like to see is some skype conference led by someone active, who could invite anyone who wants to play. Certainly not a good long-term solution, but it would help people find others to play with in real time without flloding the forums with "hello, anyone wanna play in the next few hours minutes?" messages.
Hybride DeViL

dez
L.F.A. TEAM

Postby dez » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:08 pm

Heihachi07 wrote:What i would like to see is some skype conference led by someone active, who could invite anyone who wants to play. Certainly not a good long-term solution, but it would help people find others to play with in real time without flloding the forums with "hello, anyone wanna play in the next few hours minutes?" messages.

Yes I agree too, for now that person has been me.
You can add me to your skype when you want to play: dan_dez
I have a bunch of people on my contacts now that usually I can get a game together.
Also, that was my intention with chat.obeygame.com, you can hang out there in a browser and a couple times a day people drop in. I am usually on.

My next task is to add in-game voice chat which I think will help a lot with this.
However the best thing for now (because there aren't that many of us yet) is to post a scheduled game here saying a day/time you want to have a game and see if others can make it. As the word gets out we'll get more players to the point where it won't be needed anymore.

Return to “ideas/suggestions”