Items that help the bunny

HexZyle
Regular

Items that help the bunny

Postby HexZyle » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:24 pm

I was watching this video and heard mention that dez was considering items that assist the Bunnies, and thought up a couple ideas. Note that although I'm familiar with how the game often plays out, I'm not hugely experienced at it, so don't take my word for much.

Collar Upgrades
It think it would be interesting to have collars that provide different advantages and disadvantages.
I can't think of whether it would be better for the bunnies to be able to purchase the advanced collars, or if they should randomly spawn in the place of regular collars.
I think that if the bunnies could purchase them, that might result in a situation where the Robosaru will kill any Bunny simply for not buying the collar he wants them to wear.

Hare Collar for the hasty bunny.
Has identical appearance to regular collar.
When held in the mouth, the collar displays a green hare icon that is only visible to the Bunny. (like the building placement hologram)
Pressing "Left Click" while holding the collar in the mouth enables the collar's ability, "Speed", for 5 seconds.
A Bunny holding or wearing an activated Speed Collar moves at 200% speed, but leaves highly-visible fire trails.
If Speed-boosted bunnies are too easily killed via remote detonation, perhaps disable remote detonation for the duration of the boost.

Magnetic Collar for the efficient bunny.
Has a different appearance to a regular collar.
When held or worn, the collar displays a red magnet icon that is only visible to the Bunny.
A Bunny holding or wearing a Magnetic Collar moves at 80% speed on natural terrain, but moves at 120% speed at all times on the pathways.

Shield Collar for the daring bunny.
Has identical appearance to the regular collar.
When held or worn, the collar displays a blue shield icon that is only visible to the Bunny.
When the bunny wearing the collar takes fatal damage, the shield collar breaks in exchange for the bunny's life and gives one second of invulnerability. While the collar is held or worn, the Bunny only recieves 50% income from all ¢ drops.

Warp Collar for the escapist bunny.
Has identical appearance to the regular collar.
When held in the mouth, the collar displays a purple up arrow icon that is only visible to the Bunny.
Pressing "Left Click" while holding the collar in the mouth triggers the collar's ability, "Warp". This destroys the collar and respawns the bunny on the map, even if a dropship exists. The location the bunny originally was erupts into bright particle effects.

Shocking Collar for the wrathful bunny.
Has a different appearance to the regular collar
When this collar is picked up, it activates. An activated shocking collar acts as a Sentry, shocking any nearby Bunnies not wearing a collar.
The collar will shock one last time when dropped, before deactivating (or detonating?)
If this item is OP, the rules for activation could be changed to match the other sentries: 25 second activation when picked up, and activation every time thereafter synced with the activation of the Sentries surrounding Robosaru.

Radioactive Collar for the greedy bunny.
Has a different appearance to the regular collar
When held or worn, the collar generates a large ring of green light, which fades when it is dropped. Whenever the Bunny possessing the collar picks up a ¢ drop, they are automatically awarded with an additional 50% of the amount they picked up.
This bonus may or may not come from Robosaru's bank?

Fr33dum
New face

Re: Items that help the bunny

Postby Fr33dum » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:18 am

Camouflage Item to look like a bush

I'd like to see an item that would make a bunny look like a regular bush.
Suggestions:
1. if used u appear like a bush, but cant move anymore
when overlord looks away, u could take it off and continue your run, then put it on fast if ur about to get spotted again
2. alternatively u could allow movement while beeing a bush, but vry slowly, like 10% of regular movement, would be vry funny to see a bush slowly crawling up the landscape :D
3. the type of bush should be chosen randomly each time u buy it, so Overlord doesnt know which type of bush to look out for, and it shouldnt be too big of an item so u can hide it behind ur back/ur side whatever

--> overlord would be like "woot? was this bush there before? hmm im not sure..."
--> adds alot of FUN and LMAO-moments to the game i think
Last edited by Fr33dum on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Fr33dum
New face

Postby Fr33dum » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:59 am

Seeds to plant trees

Bunnys could buy seeds and plant em to make more bushes/trees to hide:
1. they would slowly grow until reaching full size and providing enough cover
2. look like regular trees, but these ones can be burned down by Robo with the flamer/rocket to make sure the map doesnt get overcrowded with forests
3. u could make all trees follow these same rules (seed->grow->burn) and just place some (random?) seeds on the map at server start so they will slowly grow
to make sure there is always some cover available, they would leave a seed behind when burned, or could produce seeds over time in their area and grow baby trees all for themselves (like in nature)
4. (optional) seeds could also be available to harvest in the nature for free

--> Robo has to clear the overgrowing fauna from time to time to make sure theres as less cover as possible
--> adds a 'green aspect' to the game like a bunny sayin 'no, im a hippie, im only here to plant trees and flowers, im against all this weaponry- power- corpse- game, i just want to live in harmony with the nature...' - "boom! there u go, a rocket up ur ass u lazy hippie bitch! now go back to work!"

5. could also lead to an Axe item to equip to bunnys and force em to chop the trees
--> bunnys could build 'houses' and 'fortresses' out of logs like they do now with uranium, that would give the individuals who refuse to work something to do and have some fun; a 'good' overlord could tolerate that if they still work a bit, a 'bad' one would just punish em by destroying it
--> logs could also be used to build bridges and stairs, walkways etc
--> logs cannot be bought, they have to be chopped in the forest

All this together could lead to a totally new aspect of the game: bunnys "just living their life" in the world, not caring about government, building a house and planting a garden around it, even secure it from other bunnys with lasers and mines if they want to ...of course only if Overlord lets em to live in peace hehe
they could even "go to work" evry day returning to their home to "rest" (see my other post about Stamina)

dez
L.F.A. TEAM

Postby dez » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:38 pm

Fr33dum
I was definitely thinking along these lines.
The bunnies protect/create forest, while the robo destroys it.

It's a far off goal because it would be technically difficult to do this type of thing but I do think its possible.
If the game does really well it could be on the horizon :D

Fr33dum
New face

Postby Fr33dum » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:30 pm

at least the Camouflage bush item?
that would be vry great and lots of fun :D

dez
L.F.A. TEAM

Postby dez » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:34 pm

Yea I have thought about that too.. but how would you obtain it?
It feels like buying the bush in the dropship is the wrong thing?

Maybe there is some kind of 'seed' item that you can find in the world and use it to plant a bush in front of you at the last second?
But then how to get the seed? Random?

JVess
New face

Postby JVess » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:48 pm

I'll keep editing this post as I flesh out Item Ideas,

Smoke Bomb - 200C

A canister similar in size/shape to Uranium, but a different color (Close enough that the Robo wont notice unless they pay attention) that when used, creates a cloud of smoke (Similar to what happens when robo shoots his main gun) that allows for a crafty bunny to use it to cover their subversion.

This Item should be easy to add & balance as you can tweak the # of smoke clouds spawned, as well as their transparency, and how long they last, and its price. all of these things combined would add a nice little tool for bunnies to subvert and cause chaos.

Edits-- 08-25: 100c>200c

Bunny Bush Seed- 500C

A small item (hard to notice when held in the bunnies mouth) that when used creates a bush in the shape of a bunny, (Item has collision, is not useful for hiding in, but is shaped exactly like a bunny as to distract/confuse the robo)

I like this item because I can imagine a smart bunny carrying a seed, planting it dropping his collar with it and sneaking off, when the robo quickly looks around, they'd see a bunny shape, with a collar marker near it and assume everything is A-ok; allowing the bunny a undetected escape if done correctly. To counter this the robo would have to make sure they are taking the time to look at each bunny/collar to ensure that they are a real bunny, (and not a green bush with a collar near it)

*note* this item is expensive because as I see it these would be permanent, and very distracting to the robo trying to visually count his bunnies. if these were made destructible the cost would be lowered to 250c

Return to “ideas/suggestions”