Alternate Dropships (+Concept Images :D)

HexZyle
Regular

Alternate Dropships (+Concept Images :D)

Postby HexZyle » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:34 am

I'm suggesting alternate dropships for purchase. Perhaps the additional dropships could be unlocked as the player plays more matches, and a dropship type is selected before a game begins. Alternatively, all dropship types could be available for purchase by holding P and hovering over the selected type like the Directives menu.

Default Dropship
Imbalance Weight: 300kg/player
Cost: 1500¢
Recycle Time: 80 seconds from last drop
Buy Menu for Bunnies: Enabled
Flight Plan: 30 seconds to dropsite, cargo dumped through floor from high, 50 seconds resupply time
Special Rules
Crash check 30 seconds before drop
30 second crash immunity before drop

Notes: A sturdy, balanced dropship that is almost garunteed to keep respawning disobedient bunnies at the drop site where the Robo can keep an eye on them.

Rocket
Imbalance Weight: 200kg/player
Cost: 1000¢
Recycle Time: 80 seconds from last drop
Buy Menu for Bunnies: Enabled
Flight Plan: 15 seconds to dropsite, cargo shoved out of side door at ground level, 65 seconds resupply time
Special Rules
Crash check 15 seconds before drop
15 second crash immunity before drop
Scorches dropsite

Notes: A cheaper alternative to the regular dropship that's much easier to crash, and somewhat dangerous to bunnies hanging at the drop site.

Drop Crate
Imbalance Weight: Imbalance Immune
Cost: 200¢
Recycle Time: N/A
Buy Menu for Bunnies: Disabled
Flight Plan: 8 seconds to dropsite.
Special Rules
Always crashes at drop
Crushes dropsite
Cargo Limit (5 items, excluding bunnies)

Notes: A safe but slightly inefficient method for a Robo to get a surge of much needed supplies to the drop site without risking losing an expensive dropship to imminent subversion or to crash-happy bunnies.

Chinook
Imbalance Weight: 1000kg/player
Cost: 1500¢
Recycle Time: 96 seconds from last drop
Buy Menu for Bunnies: Disabled
Flight Plan: 24 seconds to dropsite, non-moving cargo is slid down rear door ramp, 24 second departure time, 48 second resupply time
Special Rules
Crash check every 24 seconds
Rear door open during 48 second on-map time
Moving objects may avoid being dropped at the dropsite (objects are not force-dropped)

Notes: The Chinook lacks the ability to Drop bunnies where you want them, but is an extremely effective transport for delivering large amounts of items to the map without crashing, although not always at the drop site. The Chinook serves as a reliable middle-ground Dropship in the face of chaos and mass-revolt.

Other Rules
When a Dropship exists, you may purchase a different Dropship by paying full price for it.
If the current Dropship is still on the map, the new Dropship will take effect (not spawning on the map, but instead resetting to its maximum recycle time) once the original one has left the Drop site.
If the current Dropship is not on the map, it will be removed from play and its cargo will be transferred to the new Dropship. The new Dropship will then spawn on the map immediately (this will also occur if the old Dropship crashed while it was on the map)
The Drop Crate may not be purchased in this manner if a Dropship already exists.

dez
L.F.A. TEAM

Re: Alternate Dropships (+Concept Images :D)

Postby dez » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:53 pm

these are some really good ideas for mixing up the game.

Im wondering if its worth having some dropships that can't take bunnies at all, and are just quick ways for robo to get items (crate?).

HexZyle
Regular

Postby HexZyle » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:26 pm

dez wrote:Im wondering if its worth having some dropships that can't take bunnies at all, and are just quick ways for robo to get items (crate?).

Well exactly, the Crate only exists for 8 seconds, so it'd only catch bunnies killed in that time. But now that I think about it, if a Robo doesn't have the money for a Dropship and he needs to kill a bunny, he could "crate" them for 200c. Is this OP? That's 42 seconds of uncrashable dropship for 1400c if bought back to back. So it seems relatively expensive: great for the short term, but unsustainable if you want/expect your rule to last much more than a minute.

I was thinking that any Dropship that can't carry bunnies/can't be unbalanced should probably automatically crash, otherwise you have a situation where the Robo has a constant supply of items, and there's nothing any of the bunnies can do about it, it effectively reduces their sabotage options. If they spawn wild as a result of that Dropship not carrying bunnies, period, I guess that's sort of okay...

dez
L.F.A. TEAM

Postby dez » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:19 pm

HexZyle wrote:I was thinking that any Dropship that can't carry bunnies/can't be unbalanced should probably automatically crash, otherwise you have a situation where the Robo has a constant supply of items, and there's nothing any of the bunnies can do about it, it effectively reduces their sabotage options. If they spawn wild as a result of that Dropship not carrying bunnies, period, I guess that's sort of okay...

Yes both ideas are definitely worth exploring. I am going to meditate on them and think about it.

EDIT:
and also im really happy to see you are a fan of Cortex Command, one of my favorite all time games!! :D

HexZyle
Regular

Postby HexZyle » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:10 am

dez wrote:and also im really happy to see you are a fan of Cortex Command, one of my favorite all time games!! :D

It only just clicked recently that the Dropship in OBEY resembles the one in Cortex Command: Items purchased via a buy menu and/or new units delivered to the map and dropped through floor doors, rotating thrusters for balance and VTOL, expensive repurchase price if someone destroys it, spectacular crashes...
It seemed like a reasonable idea to suggest the other Dropship types.

The Chinook I thought up because the 80 second respawn timer and always being dropped at the drop site is a pretty huge incentive for the Dropship to be crashed.
Having a Dropship where instead of the choice being "Sit here and do nothing" and "buy items to crash the Dropship, free items for the Robo if I fail"; your choices are "Jump out of the Dropship early so I'm loose and have a better chance at subverting", "Throw the cargo mid-flight out the door into the wild to mess with Robo", and "place the cargo in the imbalance zone and leave it there (possibly babysitting it so it isn't dropped at the dropsite) for multiple chances for a crash"

Return to “ideas/suggestions”