Delay in victory condition trigger

HexZyle
Regular

Delay in victory condition trigger

Postby HexZyle » Tue May 26, 2015 5:45 am

The victory condition is checked before the two second bonus is given, instead of after.
This means it is possible for a player to reach or exceed 10,000c, but not win if they drop back below 10,000c before the 2nd two-second tick.

This occurred in a game with Blarg, where a bunch of players (including myself) joined near the end of a game. Blarg was wondering if he should just jump into the Robo to end the game so we could start over, but he did so while I was on the way to the Feed Box with a corpse. I dropped the corpse in after his money rose to 10,014c, but it dropped down to 9000c the next tick, and the game didn't flag the round as over.

Darthcaboose
New face

Re: Delay in victory condition trigger

Postby Darthcaboose » Tue May 26, 2015 4:35 pm

I honestly think this is fine. It allows bunnies a way to retaliate in very close games by camping the feed-box with corpses.

I've noticed that if you're ever very close to winning (9000+ money), you might be better off staying away from the Robosaru to avoid being corpsed.

dez
L.F.A. TEAM

Postby dez » Tue May 26, 2015 4:49 pm

This is actually a feature.

I purposefully allow an extra 2 second term for that very reason... to allow a last-second corpse to count! :twisted:

and yes Darthcaboose, it's definitely dangerous to get in near the end, unless its to get that 300 cent boost to put you over the edge. Of course it depends on how the other players are doing. If a robo player is way ahead of me, I will try to focus on corpsing than subverting.

I have been trying to meditate on a possible way to mitigate the following: A bunny player way ahead, with no way to lose... think carefully about solutions.

HexZyle
Regular

Postby HexZyle » Tue May 26, 2015 10:11 pm

dez wrote:This is actually a feature.

I purposefully allow an extra 2 second term for that very reason... to allow a last-second corpse to count! :twisted:

But you can already corpse bomb a player when they're at 9990c or whatever. It just feels unprofessional and buggy to allow the score to rise above what you're supposed to get it to, only to have it decrease again causing you to not win.

dez wrote:I have been trying to meditate on a possible way to mitigate the following: A bunny player way ahead, with no way to lose... think carefully about solutions.

I found a way that can work sometimes :D You build a fence around the Drop Zone, trapping them in so they can't deliver any items. Then you exclusively deliver all the items to robo :P
It won't work all the time because if the Robo kills you, you'll be put in the pen as well. But then once everyone is in the pen, they can all kill themselves and share the dropship crash cost.

dez
L.F.A. TEAM

Postby dez » Tue May 26, 2015 11:21 pm

HexZyle wrote:But you can already corpse bomb a player when they're at 9990c or whatever. It just feels unprofessional and buggy to allow the score to rise above what you're supposed to get it to, only to have it decrease again causing you to not win.

I can see what you are saying. My thinking is: it should be a solid win. A razor thin "victory" should lead to overtime, in essence.

HexZyle
Regular

Postby HexZyle » Tue May 26, 2015 11:54 pm

dez wrote:
HexZyle wrote:But you can already corpse bomb a player when they're at 9990c or whatever. It just feels unprofessional and buggy to allow the score to rise above what you're supposed to get it to, only to have it decrease again causing you to not win.

I can see what you are saying. My thinking is: it should be a solid win. A razor thin "victory" should lead to overtime, in essence.

You have to "draw the line" somewhere, between what is a win and what isn't. You're always going to have "razor thin" victories. All I'm saying is the line should be 2 seconds earlier.

It's like saying "You have to be 150cm tall to enter", and a 149cm person goes "aww, can you let me through?" and the ride operator does. What if the next person is 148cm, and says "what about me?", and then the next is 147cm? You have to draw the line somewhere.

Oh... unless it's supposed to be a mechanic that gives players 2 seconds to corpse bomb a bunny who was at 9800, and then decided to jump into the Robo to obtain the instant victory?

Return to “bug reports”